We are pleased to announce that we have received a $1,000 grant from the Kathleen E. Thornton Educational Trust in memory of the late Raymond E. Reter. The FSR Board voted unanimously to combine this generous grant with other memorial donations received in memory of Mr. Reter to continue restoration work on the Friends’ former Reading Company coach #1158 in his honor. We sincerely thank the Kathleen E. Thornton Educational Trust for their generous grant and memorial donors in memory of Mr. Reter. We encourage anyone with an interest in passenger coach preservation and restoration to join in on this project. Stay tuned for updates as we continue to restore coach 1158 into her former Reading Railroad glory.
- Coach 1341 Workday Saturday, August 6
- 2022 Annual Meeting Announcement
- The Friends Receive a $1,000 grant from the Kathleen E. Thornton Educational Trust & Memorial Donations in Honor of the Late Raymond E. Reter
- Friends of the Stewartstown Railroad, Inc. Selected as a Recipient of a $5,000 Match-Grant from the 2021 NRHS Railway Heritage Grant Program
- The Friends Receive a $1,000 grant from the Kathleen E. Thornton Educational Trust